This is a recipe is from our Primal Provisions collection.
Click the button below to download a printable copy of the recipe:
Click Here to Download the Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 c. grated Monterrey Jack
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400’.
- Spread the zucchini out to cover the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and salt and pepper it to taste.
- Using a spatula, break up the meat into crumbles.
- Cook until the meat has browned and remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/2 c. heavy cream, 4 eggs, 3 tbsp dill, 1.5 tbsp stone ground mustard, 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mix the drained, diced tomatoes and the cooked meat into the mixture.
- Mix in 1 c. Monterrey Jack and 1 c. cheddar cheeses.
- Pat the zucchini dry with paper towels to absorb any moisture.
- Spread the meat mixture over the top of the zucchini.
- Top with remaining 1 c. Monterrey Jack and 1 c. cheddar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and dish has set.
- Cool for 5-7 minutes before serving.
Carbs: 6.5g per serving
- We recommend that you grate your own cheese instead of purchasing pre-shredded as those include some form of carb-y starch to prevent sticking. And that’s not how we would want to spend our daily carb allowance!
Be sure to download a printable version of this recipe by clicking the button below.