Here’s our pick from last week’s Primal Provisions recipe collection that we’d like to share with you.
Click the button for a downloadable copy of the recipe:
(RELATED: Looking for the simplest, easiest, and least time consuming way to get started with the Migraine Miracle plan without any guesswork? Click here to check out Primal Provisions, our weekly meal planning service.)
To make this dairy free, use another oil/fat in place of butter.
- 2.5 lb pork tenderloin (may come in two pieces)
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate (100%) cocoa powder (dry powder, not chocolate bar)
- 2 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 c. chicken stock
- 3 tbsp butter
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450’.
- Prepare the rub by combining 3 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa, 2 tbsp ancho chili powder, 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 tbsp kosher salt.
- Set aside half the rub.
- Use the other half of the rub to season the tenderloin(s) on all sides.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in an oven-safe pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and brown on all sides.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes, or until cooked to your desired doneness (will vary on thickness of your pork).
- Remove the pork from the oven and transfer to a plate. Tent with foil.
- Return the pan, juices and all to the stovetop and add 3/4 c. chicken stock, 3 tbsp butter.
- Heat over medium heat until butter is melted and mix in the remaining half of the rub.
- Cook for just a few minutes until the dark sauce thickens slightly.
- Slice the pork and serve with the sauce.
Carbs: 3.5g per serving
Click below for a printable copy of the recipe: