Here’s our pick from last week’s Primal Provisions recipe collection that we’d like to share with you. To make this dish dairy free, simply omit the cheese.
(RELATED: Looking for the simplest, easiest, and least time consuming way to get started with the Migraine Miracle plan without any guesswork? Click here to check out Primal Provisions, our weekly meal planning service.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 romaine leaves
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. sliced pepperoncini (usually jarred)
- 2 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken and season with 2 tbsp tamari, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 8 minutes and flip chicken.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, and pepperoncini.
- Stir occasionally to ensure that the peppers and onions are well cooked.
- Cook for about 10 more minutes, or until the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
- Add the sliced provolone to the top of the mixture and allow to sit for about a minute, or until slightly melted.
- Transfer a portion of the mixture to each of the 6 romaine leaves.
Makes 6 lettuce wraps
Carbs: 5g per wrap
Click below to download a printable version of this recipe :