Here’s our pick from last week’s Primal Provisions recipe collection that we’d like to share with you. We love this dairy-free pesto!
(RELATED: Looking for the simplest, easiest, and least time consuming way to get started with the Migraine Miracle plan without any guesswork? Click here to check out Primal Provisions, our weekly meal planning service.)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (tail on okay) (I buy 21/25’s)
- 1.5 c. fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 c. olive oil
- 1 c. walnuts
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- Preheat oven to 350’
- Place the zucchini noodles in a casserole dish and top with shrimp.
- Place the 1.5 c. basil leaves in a food processor with 1 c. olive oil, 1 c. walnuts, 1 tsp salt, 4 cloves garlic, and 1/4 c. white wine vinegar.
- Pulse to combine into a paste.
- Pour pesto over the shrimp and zucchini.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked (will depend on size of your shrimp).
- We use a spiralizer like this one ( http://amzn.to/2mkiQTb ) to cut our zucchini into noodles. If you don’t have one, either cut the zucchini into julienne strips or grate the zucchini on a box grater.
- Don’t leave the olive oil behind when you dip our your zucchini pasta. That’s good fat to help keep you full.
- We use a food processor like this one: http://amzn.to/2mfm1vD
Carbs: 8g per serving