Here’s our pick from last week’s Primal Provisions recipe collection that we’d like to share with you. To make this dish dairy free, omit the butter and cook with coconut or olive oil.
(RELATED: Looking for the simplest, easiest, and least time consuming way to get started with the Migraine Miracle plan without any guesswork? Click here to check out Primal Provisions, our weekly meal planning service.)
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp red pepper sauce (like Tabasco or Frank’s Hot Sauce)
- Prepare the buffalo butter: Mix the 4 cloves minced garlic and 1.5 tbsp of red pepper sauce into the 1 stick of softened butter. Refrigerate to firm.
- Make the blackening rub: Mix together 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Sprinkle the fish on each side with the blackening rub.
- Heat 4 tbsp butter over medium-high heat in a large sauté pan.
- Add the fish and cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through (will vary according to the thickness of your fish).
- Scoop the buffalo onto each fillet to serve.
Carbs: 5g per serving
- A fish spatula like this one is helpful for this recipe.
- We use a tablespoon cookie scoop like this one to serve the butter.
Download the printable version of this recipe below: