This is a recipe is from our Primal Provisions collection.
Click below to download a printable version of this recipe.
Click Here to Download the Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Head of butter lettuce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 slices Monterrey Jack (Optional, omit to make Dairy Free)
Lime Guacamole Ingredients:
- 1 avocado, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 jalapeño, finely chopped (seeded if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare the taco seasoning: mix 1 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp cayenne.
- Work the taco seasoning into 2 lbs ground beef.
- Form the meat mixture into 8 burgers.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a large sauté pan and add the burgers.
- Cook on each side, until burgers are cooked to your preference.
- If using, add the cheese to the burgers once you flip them.
- While the burgers cook, mix together the avocado, chopped red onion, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 tbsp cilantro, 1/4 jalapeno, juice of 1 lime, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Use the back of a fork to mix the ingredients and mash the avocado.
- Serve burgers topped with guacamole and over the butter lettuce leaves.
Makes 8 burgers with guacamole
Carbs: 5g per burger with guacamole
Click the button below to download a printable copy of the recipe.