This is a recipe is from our Primal Provisions collection.
Click below to download a printable version of this recipe.
Use extra caution when sourcing your sausage for this recipe. We order from US Wellness meats, which offers sausage that doesn’t contain gluten, sugar, nitrates or MSG. You can find those here: https://grasslandbeef.com/?affId=207409
- 1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 3 sausage links, cooked and sliced (Chorizo, Andouille, Italian all work well)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 c. chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sage, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (less if your sausage is spicy)
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 tsp salt (add more to taste)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the sliced onions and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sliced peppers and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they just turn opaque.
- While the shrimp is cooking, sprinkle the 1/2 tsp chopped sage, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp cayenne, pinch of cloves, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp ground mustard over them and mix well.
- Mix in the cooked sausage and the zucchini.
- Add the 1/2 chicken stock and the can of diced tomatoes (with juice) and continue to cook for about 7 minutes, or until the liquid has begun to thicken and reduce.
Carbs: 9.3g per serving