It’s getting chilly out there. At least, it sure is here in Atlanta. That means it’s soup time! Here’s one that we make often. Be sure to double or triple the recipe! You’ll want to keep some in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal.
Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, thin-sliced or pounded thin and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tomatillos, roughly chopped
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 c. cheddar, grated
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- lime wedges (optional garnish)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, 1 tsp cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder and 1/2 tsp salt and stir to mix and to coat chicken.
- Pepper the chicken to taste.
- Stir until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the garlic and tomatillos to the pot and saute to soften (about 6-8 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching).
- Add the can of fire-roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp cumin.
- Simmer on low for about 30 minutes.
- Top with grated cheddar, sour cream and avocado.
- Serve with a lime wedge.
We’re talking soup today in our Facebook group. Come join us!
Migrai-Neverland Re-Opening Soon
Migrai-Neverland, our private, professionally supported community for migraineurs, is currently closed as we continue getting to know our Founding Members, but we will be re-opening it again for new members on January 22.
Click here to get on the waiting list. You’ll be the first notified, and be able to join at a special “early bird” discount.