Many in our Migrai-Neverland community have discovered, as we have, just how powerful carbohydrate restriction can be when it comes to keeping the migraine beast in check.
So we’ve been busy working on more recipes for members who are trying to keep their carb counts in the low or ketogenic range.
One of our recent favorites is this trout with crispy skin recipe, and it’s quickly become our favorite way to prepare fish.
We eat this deliciously crispy skin and we add olive oil caviar (like this one) and/or compound (flavored) butter on top to boost the fat content.
- 2 trout fillets with skin on
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Pat fish very dry on each side (be sure to check for scales and pin bones and remove if present).
- Generously salt and pepper both sides.
- Heat a skillet over moderately high heat and add butter.
- Once melted, add fish skin side down and cook about 4 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. (Note: if it sticks when you try to flip it, it isn’t ready to be flipped!)
- Top with Olive Oil Caviar or Compound Butter.